ENTERTAINMENT: 2012 IN REVIEW - COUNTDOWN TO 2013


A lot has happened in the entertainment industry since the beginning of 2012. God has blessed so many hustles, and has told some to wait. A living dog is better than a dead lion they say, yes. Few losses have been made in terms of life. Nollywood parted ways with the likes of Ashley Nwosu, Sam Loco, Pete Ene, Enebeli, etc. Nigerian music moved on without MC Loph. Few break ups and marriages here and there. Stephanie, Uche Jumbo, Annie & Tuface Idibia, Me, lol! Minus the me k *wink* continue counting… , Mercy Jonhson, etc. Ok, rewind the me version and put it in coming soon line, as there are still a lot of singles in the entertainment industry. Wishing them a miraculous match-make in 2013. Of-course Funke Akindele escaped that list. Good for her, because she once exclaimed some time ago this year, that she needed a husband. She asked for it, and she got it. Hoping to hear more great news from that marriage in 2013. Talking about Mercy Johnson, she is also now a proud mother of a baby girl.

MUSIC

Flavour Nabania has collaborated with most gifted female singers like Omawunmi, and Tiwa Savage,as well as the guys like Dare art Alade, KC, etc. He is on top of his game. P,Sqaure, Timaya, EME all stars, Tuface and Hypertek, Choc boys, Davido and his crew, Iyanya, Chuddy K, Chidinms, etc,  all did well. It was a sad moment when it became news that Mo’hit was no more. There fore we have db records and Marvin records. I guess they are both doing fine, but we have seen more of D,banj and his crew who had a massive end of the year event, Koko concert. It has been more of struggle for Kennies music all stars, but still, their past glory is working for them. Hopefully they will find their strength in 2013. Of-course I dropped a single tittled, Faaji lawa with anticipation of better avenues to get more of my stuffs across to where they need to be. Optimism hmm? Oh yea!

 BEST 3s

MUSICAL COLLABORATIONS 
My 3 best collaborations for the entire year goes to;  Rugged man, ft. Tuface, MI, in for you @no3, Nato C, ft. Dbanj in Tony Montana remix @no 2. No 1 goes to my favorite off all time, Flavour, ft. Tiwa Savage in Oyi remix.

NEW MUSIC & VIDEOS

How ever, I have seen few songs and videos towards the end of this year, and some picked my interest so much. But I will be picking my best 3. Good songs, good video. P,square’s Alingo was dope at number 3, 2 is Davido’s feel alright ft. Ice price. But trust me, my no 1 of the three new stuffs is Ice prince’s some more (MORE).  

My 3 best Nollywood personalities are; Jim Iyk, Funke akindele and Genevieve Nnnaji no 1.

On air personalities (OAP) /RADIO
There is one reason why Matse is taking the no 1 place in my 3 best on air personalities for 2012, it is because, she made radio presentation in pidgin fun, yet decent. I caught her on twitter after she started anchoring an English programme in Nigerian info; and I was like, Matse, na you dey blow grammer? She replied, “na me o! That is what I call a total blend of mass comm. Did I say that she is also an OP like mua? What’s that hmm? Online personality. She blogs a little.  Well-done Matse!

2nd is Bale 1 of Matro fm, Chris Ilems with his programme, Cruise
control.  
Aafter the days of Ebele in cool fm, talking about love zone, no OAP has kept me close to the radio like Enigma of city fm with her infectious voice for 2012. Her evening programme, the subway was it. Well anchored. 


COMEDY
Next is comedy. Do I really like comedy? Some one once described me as never a serious person. Hmm! I never really liked comedy because I seem to be a serious minded person almost to a fault. But hey, I am damn funny when I’m around people who make me feel relaxed. Enjoying comedy depends on my mood and how constructive the comedian is. Late CD John was actually very funny and talented with nice vocal cord. Rest in peace bro. He is at my no3 list.  I have not seen I go die much in 2012, but his comedy is very interesting. In fact, he is a comedy. So he is at no 2,




No comments: